Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Fair Share

Hmm... I hope it's still showing Russell's loyalty to Cameron. Yet at the same time, giving him an edge, showing his annoyance at being the second hand man...




"Okay, I'm stumped. You go into the city to to buy a gun, you come back with a kid. What's going on, Cameron?" Russell questioned, folding his arms across his chest.


"For a starters, it wasn't the city. It was the outskirts of the city. Second thing? He's not a kid. He's almost eighteen for pete's sake! If it was me, that'd be an insult."


"Come on Cameron, you wouldn't even take the eight year old when you had the chance! What makes this guy any different? You get the ransom money? At least the first one wouldn't have understood. This guy's old enough to fight for himself! You won't be able to handle him."


"I think I know who I can handle. I handled Damien 'til he was sixteen."


"Yeah, he was the son you didn't tell me about until two weeks ago."


"Relax mate, I've got it covered."


"I had it covered..." Russell muttered, "'til you went and got him."


"Would you just trust me? He won't be any trouble for you. You won't need to worry about him. He's my soul responsibility."


"Yeah, you got that right."


"You should be grateful, Russell." Cameron smiled, taking a gun out of his jacket, "You've earnt your fair share."


Cameron slapped the gun into Russel's hands.


"Yeah, well you better hope I get that money soon. Because you've seemed to be obsessed with this Damien guy ever since you ran into him."


"Do you remember what I told you, Russell? When this first started all those years ago?"


"You told me a lot of things."


"I told you the day would come, where I wouldn't be able to resist murder. I would have to kill the guy that ruined me, before I met you. That was Damien. And that day is close."


"And how is this new guy going to help?"


"You'll see, my friend. All in good time. Are we cool?"


"Yeah," Russel sighed, shoving the gun into his pockets, "We're cool."


[333 words]

No comments:

Post a Comment