[177 words]
Friday, January 22, 2010
To Fly
I climbed the last few steps up the mountain, panting slightly in relief. I'd reached the top. I collapsed to the ground, my legs aching with exhaustion. I just laid there for a good ten minutes, soaking in the fresh air. When I decided to lift my head, I could see the clouds. Great tufts of white. I suddenly sprung to my feet, spinning around to look at the three hundred and sixty degree views in my sight. The wilderness was so vast, stretching out for miles. I let out a smile to myself, for I was alone. Alone and free. There was music playing softly in my ear as the wind whistled it's tune. I twirled around the mountain top, before stopping to spread my arms out wide like an eagle or hawk. The wind pushed slightly as I closed my eyes in calm. It was so peaceful up here, it was almost like flying. And I began to sing, because there was no one stopping me, and no one to hear me but the wind.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment