Thursday, February 4, 2010

Hold Your Breath

Distractions are great aren't they? I mean look at me, attempting a story in ten minutes. You can't even call these things stories. They're just blogs. But oh well. So aren't distractions great? Music, drawing, reading, writing. They're all usually distractions from something else. Or distractions within distractions if you know what I mean.

Okay, scrap all of that. I can wrte a story in 4 mins. I'll prove it to you...

There was a loud ringing in his ears. He was holding his breath. He was going under and there was no one there to save him. His eyes began to close. He tried to keep them open. He knew if he closed them, he would never wake. He kicked out with his good leg, trying to reach the surface, but it was no use. He couldn't hold his breath any longer. He opened his mouth to scream, but no one would hear him. The water began to fill his lungs. He couldn't breathe. He was going to die. There was no question about it. The darkness of the water scared him. Was this the last thing he would see? No... he shut his eyes, trying to calm himself as body began to ache horribly. His leg, and now his stomach. All he could taste was the salt water in his mouth. But he had the pleasant picture of the little girl in his head now. Nothing could take that beautiful image away... even when he was slipping through the cracks...




[180 words]

No comments:

Post a Comment