There was silence as he heard a far off weeping. Don't cry, he thought. Never cry.
"I know you can open your eyes," the voice continued, "I know you can. You'd do anything for me. Wouldn't you? Uncle T?"
Yes, yes he would do anything for her. If only he could.
"Uncle T! I miss you. Please. I have so much to tell you."
I'm listening, he wanted to tell her. He would always listen. There was a humming noise in his ear as her voice began to fade further and further away, as the humming got louder.
"I know you can get through this. I know you can. Don't give up now. You've hurt yourself before, this is nothing. Come back. Soon. Okay?"
And with that, the voice became silent, as did all the noise around him. She reminded him so much of something. But he couldn't put his finger on what it was.
[200 words]
No comments:
Post a Comment