Monday, January 4, 2010

Night Brainstorming

There's got to be an easier way to form the themes to write about each day... this one's just lame.

I lay awake in the dark, staring up at the ceiling. Sometimes I really hated being a writer. When you write, there are no ideas present. When you try to sleep, the ideas won't stop. And no matter how tired you are or may be, you lie wide awake, watching a silent movie play in your head, because the silence and the darkness is enough to make your imagination run wild. It is the best time to brainstorm, and you do not want to disrupt that process. You want it to last as long as possible. The only bad thing about that is when you get the not so great plot ideas. The ones that make no sense. The ones that are too far fetched - too cruel or too unlifelike, too stupid or too pointless - that stay with you the longest, repeating itself to you night after night, despite how many times you tell your unconscious that it is just not acceptable to write.

[166 words]

1 comment:

  1. AWSOME! I feel that way too, I wish my brain had a USB then I can just connect it to the PC haha.

    ReplyDelete