Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Time Outside

I wondered through the streets, trying to find the address I had written down. I was only given an hour, and I had already wasted ten minutes. Did I mention finding this address was not on their to-do list? If they found out... well, I didn't want to think about it. An afternoon jogger was running towards me. They hadn't noticed me, so when I interrupted the woman's path, we almost collided. I had startled her.

"Oh, sorry!" she exclaimed, intending to keep jogging past me. I quickly asked my question.

"Do you think you could tell me where this address is?" I showed her the scrawled note.

"Oh, that would be next on your right."

I muttered my thanks, slightly disappointed that she kept on running in the opposite direction. Didn't anyone notice me? I tossed the thought from my mind, hurrying to the street she had pointed out. The house would be on the right, too. I would deliver my message, and get the hell out. Do my deed, only to go away again. And I didn't know how long it would be until I saw the outside world again.

[192 words]

No comments:

Post a Comment