Sunday, September 26, 2010

Writer's Ramblings

The cursor linked a steady rhythm on the blank page, the quietness of the house penetrating, ideas empty. But people claimed there was no such thing as writer's block. As long as you kept up your writing, as long as you wrote something, anything, it would still count. Writer whatever nuisance is on your mind, write from your stream of consciousness, and something will eventually come up, some usable story idea, some spark. Thing is I could be here for hours if I were to do that, denying each idea as something worthless. I could write a novel on my thoughts alone, except of course no one would read something like that - every single thought on my mind? I guess you wouldn't really get writer's block then surely, because then you'd just ramble on and on, without much care because, again, no one as going to read it. But where was the joy in that? The accomplishment? Aside from being a completely boring novel, you'd just have wasted precious years when you could have been working on your other manuscripts. And you might have one, three good ideas in that to come out of a story? Or would there be more? Of course you'd never be able to truly tell unless you did it... which I had no incentive to. Or did I?

[224 words]

No comments:

Post a Comment