"You know, we don't have to do this," I insisted as Cameron found a parking spot, completely at ease with what we were about to do, "I mean, it was almost two decades ago, she won't be of any help to the investigation. She'll stay quiet if we ask her to."
He didn't appear to be listening. He was loading his gun.
"Cameron-"
He interrupted, "How many movies have you watched where someone says 'don't go to the police'? They always go to the police."
He shoved the gun against my chest, and I caught it before it fell, "What are you giving it to me for?" He looked at me as if I were stupid, "No. No way. I ain't killing her."
He was already getting out of the car and I shoved the gun hastily away into my jacket. I couldn't believe this. I jumped out and followed him towards the elevator. "You're a bastard, Cameron. I didn't travel borders to come and do your bidding."
"You were destined to do my bidding the instant we met!" he growled, shoving me forwards as the doors opened. I held my tongue as we traveled to the top floor. My mind was racing unhappily. Yes I'd done some bad things in my life, but I'd never killed anyone, least of all a woman. I cringed as he led the way to a door on the left and knocked before I could get a word in. I stood there hysterically. We hadn't planned anything. This was not a part of the plan. Heck, me holding the gun wasn't a part of the plan. I didn't have time to think, to gather my thoughts. I desperately wanted to back out. My heart was beating too fast. But before I could turn and run, the door clicked opened.
"Hi," Cameron greeted, "Do you mind if we come in?"
The woman was slightly younger than me, blonde hair, nice face. Very nice face. Pretty. She looked speechless at the pair of us.
"Um, sorry," she stammered, "no."
She was closing the door on us. My getaway was in reach. Then Cameron's foot landed in the gap between the door and the frame, and he shoved it inwards, darting inside. I cursed. No backing out of it now. I followed him, shutting the door behind us. The woman screamed.
[394 words]
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment