"No appointment, Henderson! You know the rules."
"I don't care!" he yelled back, struggling forwards and out of his grip, "He'll see me!"
"Henderson!" the guard called again, pulling out the cuffs.
The door at the end swung open and Clive ducked his head out, "Nick?"
"I need to talk," Nick breathed, trying to control his rising voice.
"Come in-"
"Clive!"
"It's fine," he assured, ushering Nick inside his office and closing the door behind him.
"He's here, dammit!" Nick screamed, bashing his fist against the wall.
"Nick, calm down," the counselor warned, "otherwise I'll have to get the guards in here."
Nick held his breath, nodding his understanding.
"Why don't you take a seat?"
"I don't want a seat."
"Okay, that's fine. Talk to me. Who's here?"
Nick looked at him with pleaded eyes, "My brother."
"Did you see him?"
"I talked to him."
"What happened?"
"He has no idea," the tears began streaming down his face and his voice cracked, "he doesn't have a clue who I am." He looked up in time to see Clive's troubled face and he let out a choked sigh, "I'm no one to him."
[218 words]
No comments:
Post a Comment