Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Not At Home

I forced my eyes open. It was all just a dream, right? One bad nightmare. It was dark. Nighttime, I guess. I was fine. I was safe. In a few hours Pa will be asking what I got up to last night. What did I get up to last night? I was at the party. Great party, 'til everyone started getting drunk. That's when I left with my small can of vodka. I'd wandered around a bit, no real sense of direction of where I was going. I think I ended up at the train station. I frowned. No, that couldn't be right. That was part of my dream. The dream where I'd been kidnapped from the train station-

I rushed to sit up, hitting my head on something hard. I winced, feeling around in the dark. They'd been a blanket on top of me that was not my own. I began panicking. No. It had all been a dream. This wasn't real. This couldn't be real. I tried to get out, only to find mesh all the way around. I was caged in. This wasn't home at all.

[189 words]

No comments:

Post a Comment