Sunday, April 18, 2010

Resignation

14 April 2010

"Is something wrong?"

"Why do you care?"

"Is that a yes?"

"I just lost my brother, okay?"

"I'm sorry to hear that. I know what you must be going through."

"How could you honestly say that, Henderson? You killed your parents! I don't know why you didn't just kill your brother while you were at it, you hate this world so much, you come in here expecting to get something out of it but you don't put anything into it. You can't talk to people, you try to take a hold of situations you can't handle-"

"If you'd let me explain-"

"You've had three years to explain! I'm fed up with the question. I'm fed up with you! Just get out of this room, now!"

Nick shook his head, ridding the memory from his mind. That was the day that counselor had resigned. And he'd had a point. In three years of their sessions, he hadn't given away a single thing that told him about himself.

[166 words]

No comments:

Post a Comment