"Nick, are you okay?"
"Fine."
"Do you want to talk about it?"
"No."
"I really think you should talk about it."
"No."
"Well I'm open to suggestions. What do you want to talk about?"
"Choices."
"Choices aren't always easy to make. Do you think you've made a bad choice?"
"I know I have."
"How can you know that?"
"I've seen the outcome."
"Nick, we make our choices for a reason. What kind of choice are we talking about here?"
"Life and death."
"Which did you choose?"
"Life."
"Then that's good, isn't it?"
"No."
"Why not?"
"He's dead. Inside. He's dead inside."
"Nick ... you know you can trust me."
"I can't trust myself."
"Why?"
"I should've done something about it."
"About what?"
"His death. Him."
"You couldn't have done anything, Nick."
"Yes, I could've!"
"Nick, relax. Explain to me. Whose death? Your father's?"
"I couldn't of stopped his. But I could've stopped hers."
"Nick. Calm down. It's too late."
"It's not too late for him."
"Who?"
"I've got to go."
[170 words]
No comments:
Post a Comment